Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Good Luck to Third Battalion - Kilo Company & Fourth Battalion - Papa Company as they embark on the crucible.

2am thursday morning, keep them in your prayers


A Parent's Crucible Prayer

When you awake this morning to begin the crucible k

now I walk every step with you.

When you hump all those miles over rough terrain,

know I am by your side again?

When your rations are low and your belly is hungry,

know that I wish it wasn't you but instead me?

When your feet ache and are blistered from stress,

know that I am carrying you deep in my chest?

When you are tired and sore and almost ready to fall,

realize I would have carried it all?

When you have little sleep and your eyes are red,

know I would give you my bed?

When you push and pull for that extra mile,

know that I am so PROUD and standing tall,

with such a big smile?

When you left for boot camp, I went to one too.

It's the one where Mom's and Dad's

worry over all you are going through. I can't eat dessert,

without knowing that you have had no treats,

I feel guilty for resting, when you have had tired feet.

I anguish over every tough moment, I think you have had.

I cry when I miss you, I cry when I am sad,

I cry over your letters that declare your love for "Us".

I cry thinking about the day you will come home.

I cringe at the thought of someone yelling at you.

Even though I know it's what they have to do.

I lose sleep just wondering how you are,

I pray and think and even wish upon the stars.

Now you are almost through and soon

you will be One of The Few The Proud, a New MARINE.


I get an Honor too for going through

the Boot camp for Mom's and Dad's.

I get to hug you and hold you in my arms.

I get to see how beautiful you really are.

I get my bright shining star.

No I don't get a medal or a pin to wear

I don't get to sport that awesome Marine Hair.

My reward is one that can't be seen.

It's called "Being the Parent of a U.S. Marine."



posted by: darlene r.


No comments:

Post a Comment