
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to write you in a while, our platoon just finished up
BWT week (Basic Warrior Training) it was all the things you expect to do in Boot Camp
such as low crawling under barbed wire and jumping over bulkheads sorry "walls"
that was on Tuesday,
which it was called the day and night movement course which messed up everyones elbows.
Then on Wednesday we did land navigation with a compass.
I was a fire team Leader so I was in charge of three other recruits
making sure we got from point A to point B. That was when we switched to 3rd Phase,
which means we are much closer to graduation, we have exactly a week and two days till the crucible, yet we have so far to go, everyone has the motivation to continue
but people are getting antsy and more and more of them just want it over.
The past two and a half months I have been just living from chow to chow.
Anyways, from Monday to Wednesday we were bunked up in these buildings that were like sheds, it really sucked. I would have rather slept outside.
On Wednesday we went straight from BWT to the rifle range.
Table 2 is combat firing, so we had to shoot targets like two in the chest and one in the pelvis
wearing a flank jacket, which is this gigantic vest that protects you from rounds with your
full mustard warrior guard, otherwise known as duce gear, over it with your weapon at a 45 degree angle so it's easier to lift your weapon up to fire.
Thursday we pre-qualed and Friday we qualified.
Yesterday, Saturday we did a section of the crucible for almost like practice, it was fun,
well it's Sunday and in a week (4 days actually) Oscar will be graduating then our platoons,
our series will be the seniors on deck, which means we are next, I can't believe it.
I can't wait to see you and give you a huge hug then go home and have real food. LOL
Next week is administration week, it's where we do exactly that - paperwork.
Oh! Inside with this letter is the parking passes and information for family day and graduation.
I love you and miss you!
Love Miss AmErica
posted by: darlene r.
No comments:
Post a Comment