Wednesday, October 21, 2009

so sorry its been so long

Erica's Unit
I have been so busy and then a few times I tried to get on, it kept saying wrong password then a few other times just an error page came up... then for some reason it worked today.

Miss Erica is busy busy!! PT, Chow then school all day and basketball practice at night.
Yep she's on the 29 Palms Women's basketball team. She is also in the progress of getting (or got) her grey belt I think she said ??

She still does not know where she'll be sent to next, her friend Jacob who is from Washington is being sent to Cherry Point North Carolina. But he is a different MOS even though he is communications.

Erica has many new friends there, but you would be surprised how boisterous she is and forward. She seams to not take any crud from no one. She has changed a lot. I am proud of her but I do remind her that we are not use to her being that way. What can you do, she is her own person. I did what I could under the circumstances.

She called yesterday telling me her class wants shirts and they need prices. There is 39 of them, only 5 girls. (thats the only time I get a call is when she wants something.. told her it would be nice to get a hello how you doing phone call) But I understand she has full busy days, and this whole last week she was sick on top of it all.

Her brother and I are busy ourselves working, taking care of a house, well trying
and my truck died so trying take care of all that as well.
It is all too much for one person. My kids are awesome... not perfect but awesome.

I can't complain thats for sure my daughter in the Marines and my son a Cook and loves his work. Guess I am saying this cause a boy up the street only 17 was found murdered in the desert, drug deal they think. I didn't really know the boy although I'd seen him around and he had gone to school with Erica. Very sad and I feel for his mom.

Okay enough sadness, they say Bryce should be home mid December from Afghanistan if all goes as planned. Kim is so happy about that. My parents are in their new home and trying to decorate and arrange, it is coming along nicely, although Bryan is there a lot when he can, helping move things and yard stuff. A lot of work but worth it having a nice home. :)

I put a picture of the shirt Erica's unit is having made. Everyone take care..

Darlene


























No comments:

Post a Comment